Best Health & Wellness Podcasts to Listen to in 2023
New Year’s are often filled with health and wellness resolutions, and if you’re looking for fresh inspiration or a humorous pep talk in these areas, podcasts can be a great way to learn and connect with others while on the go!
So what are podcasts? This form of content is a collection of audio episodes grouped and organized by topic, industry, theme, or story. If you have a smartphone, you can find podcast apps like Spotify, Podbean, Stitcher, Apple and Google Podcasts to find people you resonate with and share topics you’d like to learn more about.
Whether your focus this year dials in on nutrition, fitness, mental health, or relationships, there is something for everyone at every stage of their wellness journey.
And the best part about podcasts? The right ones will leave you feeling satisfied, empowered, and maybe lighthearted after letting out a few laughs.
After careful consideration, here are some of the best health and wellness podcasts we encourage you to listen to in 2023!
1. Optimal Health Daily (2). With all the information on the web today, it can feel like you’re drinking from a firehose. How do you know what’s trending, relevant, or even accurate? This podcast searches and brings the best blogs to you on health and wellness topics from intermittent fasting to self-esteem and more and will read them aloud.
2. The Wellness Business Podcast (3). If you own a health or wellness company, there are things you need to know in order to build and maintain a successful business. Co-hosts Kathleen LyGrys and Karen Pattock share weekly actional insights and practical tips to help you in every area of business growth, from getting more social media followers to increasing productivity.
3. TED Health (4). Not the newest podcast out there, but a good one all the same. This podcast covers health from a scientific perspective and covers topics like Communities and Health to the importance of sleep.
1. Food Psych Podcast with Christy Harrison, MPH, RD, CDN (1). Having a healthy relationship with food can be hard, and many women struggle with food disorders, body dysphoria, and more. Christy shares her own journey in this area, calling out the popular fad diet culture in America and offering practical, refreshing advice for those wanting to heal.
2. Food for Thought: The Joys and Benefits of Living Vegan (8). For those living (or wanting to live) the vegan life, host Colleen Patrick-Goudreau offers a vibrant and hopeful podcast that teaches her listeners how to live compassionately and resourcefully. From cooking to caring for the economy, her stories will encourage you to continue embracing a plant-based life.
1. Mind Pump (6). It’s tough being a guy these days. With society’s expectations changing men need a place to call community. For bros looking to increase their gains without wasting time and energy, this podcast shreds workout myths answers commonly asked questions, and inspires men all over the world to up their fitness game.
2. Ali on the Run (7). For those who prefer cardio over weightlifting, this podcast may be for you. Not only does host Ali Feller share practical running tips for both beginners and marathon runners, she also shares guest stories on overcoming obstacles and other challenges that life thew their way.
Hurdle (5). We all go through tough times, and host Emily Abbate shares unique and interesting stories in each episode about ways people have overcome them. Each story comes from guest interviews she has with different athletes, authors, and founders, and offers inspiration and hope for those who feel stuck.
Family + Relationships
1. Focus on the Family (9). Families are the cornerstone of society, but without proper care, they can easily fall apart. Co-hosts Jim Daly and John Fuller cover every family topic under the sun --- from dating, marriage, toddlers, and more, this podcast offers insight on how to navigate the tricky paths of family dynamics.
2. Where Should We Begin? (10). Relationships can be messy, and oftentimes we bring trauma and baggage from our past into them. Counselor and host Esther Perel shares countless stories of people from all walks of life, uncovering deep hurts and finding healing.
Embracing health and wellness starts with a goal, but often you don’t know where to begin. If you’re not an avid reader, you may prefer to watch a video or listen to audio.
Podcasts bring the information you’re looking for in a way that’s fun, interesting, and sometimes hilarious. You may find someone you enjoy listening to so much, you end up recommending them to friends and family alike!
Do you have a favorite health and wellness podcast? Email us and let us know – we’d love to hear from you!
References & Disclaimers
✝✝This noted statement is based on independent research and is not necessarily the opinion of the author